.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Personal Statement for M.S in statistics Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

Personal Statement for M.S in statistics - Essay Example Since my teenage years, my curiosity found out that ‘a man will always be a man.’ I am the kind of person who does not fit many of the typical expectations of many young women in many societies. Whenever other people give negative attitudes to my new ideas, I always refuse to give up but chose to believe in myself. It is believed that girls do better in humanities than in sciences; however, I can compose popular stories and also construct SAS and R programs. People always argue that statisticians are introverts and as such poorly socialize with other people. However, I have built up a large social network of friends and business associates. I always surprise people with my personality, my hard work and insistence. Nevertheless, nothing could be easy forever. I still remember the moment when I first came to the United States, ready for a new life, full of passions and hope. Facts turn to be cruel; my tuition fee is and has been a burden for my family and I could not easily figure out befriending the Americans. I suffered a heavy blow of depression, felt helpless and was nostalgic. This led to my doubts in the future of my college studies and career aspirations. Such negative attitudes resulted in poor academic performance. Nonetheless, my strong will is never easily beaten by such hindrances. I therefore used my statistics ability to design ways and means to reduce the financial crises I faced and at the same time, gained great academic performances. Thanks to challenges, I could proudly say that I am an independent, resilient and highly empowered woman with strong wills. The above traits have greatly enhanced my performance in all aspects of life, more specifically in financial empowerment. Having participated much in social and academics involving data analysis in my undergraduate studies, I feel better placed to earnestly pursue my lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment