.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Fire Safety Essay -- essays research papers

Fire Safety EssayAfter a recent fire at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ killed common chord students who did not respond to what they thought was a false alarm, officials at Oswego State University be being especially careful when it comes to the issue of fire safety. This semester there is a new policy regarding the confiscation of items considered being hazardous. The policy states that any items that are found and have the potential to cause a fire, such as candles, incense, and original appliances like microwaves, and sandwich makers, leave alone be confiscated and not returned to the students they were taken from. Under the old policy students were able to get the items back at the end of the year. more or less 200 candles were taken from students in Onondaga Hall alone last year. According to the Oswego Fire Department, the dorms are built compartmentalized, which means that if the door to a room in which there is a fire is shut, the fire will be somewhat contai ned. This procedure will help the fire from spreading rapidly. The doors to all rooms are fire resistant. Although these safety features help increase students chances of survival in the case of a tragedy, they cannot be relied on as the only life-saving precaution. In order to contract everyones safety, students need to be aware of their own roles in regard to fire safety regulations. Smoking, possession of candles, and incense are serious causes of fires and students need to obey the rules.another(prenominal) hazardous practice that most students living in dorm rooms need to pay attention for is plugging several stack into one multi-outlet that allows several cords to be plugged into at once. Modifying this practice will heavily decrease the chances of a fire occurring as a result.In the event of a echt fire, the most important thing students can do is to keep the exit doors to stairways and escape routes closed. Although many students believe that keeping the doors open will h elp others escape, is the batter thing they can do, because it helps the fire spread where if you close the fire-resistant door will help contain it.In 1998 there five occurrences in which a student pulled the fire alarm as a prank. Students should turn in anyone who, to their knowl... ... using a fire extinguisher. When the alarm is sounded students should put shoes and appropriate clothing and evacuate the building. Then close all windows, check room door, if it is hot call 5555 and tell public safety that you are trapped and cannot leave your room. another(prenominal) main point is to not use the elevators. Vacate the building using the safest route. Then remain outside until told otherwise.I understand that I broke the practice of law and broke the Oswego laws of fire safety and I could have been punished much more severe, and I appreciate your lenience towards my actions. When I talked to Mr. Henderson he told me that the rules are in my student handbook and I should read th em. So, indeed I did and learned the laws of fire safety. I have learned the laws and how important they are and I will abide and go along with the rules and regulations of Oswego. I have learned my lesson of fire safety and have come to realize how important it is to follow rules with a trail the size of Oswego. I have learned my lesson and will do my best to set an example for my fellow students. I am giving my final apologia and thank you for guiding me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment